Thanks to num num and pop pop, we were able to have our beach vacation just before summer ended. From Wednesday to Saturday, we enjoyed beautiful weather at Stone Harbor with temperatures near 80 and fairly warm ocean temperatures to boot. The kids really had a blast jumping waves, digging in the sand, looking for shells and playing paddle ball. It was really a terrific couple of days. Leigh and I celebrated our ninth anniversary with a delicious dinner at Jay's on 3rd. Leigh had the filet with a fresh greens salad and I had the pork with butternut squash soup. We finished with coffee and pumpkin creme brûlée. Mmmm.
It was hard to leave but it did reinforce how important it is to get away and slow down and spend time with family. Getting to spend a couple of days with Ashley, Missy, Eric and mom and dad was really special. Now that are lives are so busy, it doesn't happen to often that we are all together for a few days. Hopefully next year, Ryan and Scott can join in too.
Once we got home, it seemed the temperature dropped 20 degrees, so I opted to close the pool before it got too cold and before to many leaves fell of the sycamore. It officially is fall.
The kids got pumpkins today and they already have their costumes, so I guess there is no fighting it. Bring on the campfires and sweaters!









No comments:
Post a Comment