Thursday, November 19, 2009

Toothbrushes, Slides and Keyboards

Well, today was another first. The kids had their first visit to the dentist which was filled with some emotional highs and lows. The flossing, cleaning and inspection by the dentist, Dr. Wyke was met with tears, but the exit was met with some smiles as they both received toothbrushes, toothpaste, floss, some stickers and a toy of their own choosing - Jack picked a small plastic camel and Nora a yellow rubber duck.

Yesterday, Leigh took them to the Water Street park which is within walking distance and they took their first solo trips down the spiral slide which they enjoyed tremendously, so much that they did not want to leave.

On Tuesday, Grammy came for a visit and we decided to pack them up and take them to see Great Grampa Zeb and Great Grammy Richie. At first they were a little pensive in the new environment - it has been a few months since we were down to their house, but soon they were playing with dominos and playing with Zeb's keyboard. Jack showed a particularly strong interest and talent if I may say at composing. We have since brought out a keyboard at home which he and Nora enjoy playing. A video will be forthcoming.

More teeth are on the way, both have had very runny noses - Jack to an extreme volume. I am sure there are other things going on but I just got out of a 3.5 hour council meeting and I am falling asleep as I right this. Hopefully everyone gets a full night of sleep tonight....z.z.z.z...

No comments: