Sunday, August 31, 2014

August

Today is the last day of August, tomorrow Labor Day and Tuesday will be the kids first day of first grade. We all met their teacher, Mrs. Muck. She seems very kind and I look forward to a great year.

This month, we went to the LVH summer carnival at Muhlenburg. The kids rode a bunch of the same rides from the church carnival but also tried the swings and starship which spins very fast and makes you stick to the wall.

We also went to the Wheels of Time car show Macungie with num num and pop pop and Scott. Although it rained, the kids enjoyed seeing all the cars and also enjoyed a twist ice cream and Smitty's French fries.

The kids have really wanted to play miniature golf. We went to Putt U twice recently and on the second visit, on the red course, Nora got her first hole in one. She was very excited, Jack was a little sad that he did not get one but he is determined to get one too.

The kids had their dentist checkup this month and unfortunately, they both had cavities. The dentist did an amazing job of fixing their teeth with any tears. Jack did have one filling fall out though, so he had to go back. After 3 attempts with the white filling and it coming out, the dentist had to use a silver filling to get it to stay.

A big milestone was also celebrated this month. Great Grampa Paul celebrated his 99th birthday. The family gathered on Sunday to celebrate at num num and pop pop's and it was a beautiful Sunday. Gramps seemed to really enjoy watching the kids play with cousin Eric and Cole. We baked 4 dozen chocolate chip cookies for him. On Monday, I stopped in to see him and he had already eat about a dozen! Happy birthday gramps!

As I write this, I am heading home from Dallas, TX from a business conference. I video called the kids each night and it is great to be able to see them, but I am anxious to get home for a hug! While I was here, the kids had a play date with new friends Corbin and Avonlee. They also went to Lake Nockamixon and rode in a paddle boat. They got to eat there dinner in the living room and it sounds like they had a great time with mommy. This afternoon we are headed up to num num and pop pop's for the Labor Day picnic. I will be curious to see how big the pumpkins have gotten.























No comments: