Recent events included a trip to Dorney Park. The kids were able to ride a bunch of the kiddie rides as well as a few big kid rides if I went with them. We started in Planet Snoopy were they rode a launcher called Kite Eating Tree, Ferris wheel called Woodstock's Wagon Wheel, train called Snoopy's Junction, sky flyer called Linus Launcher, Jack rode the Peanuts 500 and they both went into Snoopy's Moonbounce. After that we headed out to some bigger rides that included the Sea Dragon, the Whip, the Scrambler, the Zephyr, the Tilt a Whirl, Thunder Creek Mountain (twice and the kids and I got soaked), Road Rally, Musik Express, the Apollo (Leigh felt pretty sick after that one), the Carrousel and the Monster. I went on that one with them and then they went for a second ride by themselves. That's a lot of rides! We had lunch at the 50s cafe and had ice cream later in the day. Jack had soft chocolate and Nora and I had a cherry gelato twist with vanilla. We also played the guess your age game. The girl guessed that Leigh and I were both in our early 30s so both kids won a stuffed animal. Nora got a pink snake and Jack got a blue dinosaur. The weather was perfect and a good bit of fun was had by all.
Other activities included a bit of old school gaming. I hooked up the Atari to the 58" plasma and the kids played all the old games, Ms. Pacman, Pole Position, Jungle Hunt, Digg Dug and about 25 others.
I took them to Red Robin the other night and after some frozen yogurt, they were showing off with some poses on the walls at the Promenade.
Last bit of news includes some backyard fun and not fun. We slept out in a tent about a week ago. The kids fell asleep pretty quickly and slept through the night. I had a tougher time falling asleep and am getting a bit soft. Sleep on the ground was a little uncomfortable ;) The not fun part of the backyard involved get stung. 3 weeks in a row while mowing the lawn and then Leigh found a yellow jacket nest in a tree by the pool. I know at least one of my stings was a yellow jacket. Thankfully, no one else has gotten stung this year.
I saw Halloween displays in the store, so school is right around the corner. It has been a great summer so far and I am not quite ready for it to end.














No comments:
Post a Comment