Yesterday, June 6th, Nora lost her first tooth. She had been wiggling it for about two weeks and the day before she spent most of the afternoon and evening trying to get it but it was the next day. While out on a drive before school, it came out. Last night before bed, I gave her the little tooth pillow that I had gotten as a child and we tucked it under her pillow. The tooth fairy came and she got a dollar in the form of a sacagawea coin. Very exciting for Nora but Jack is bummed that she lost a tooth first. We assured him that he will have a wiggly tooth soon too.
School is nearly out for the summer. Thursday was there picnic. We enjoyed hot dogs and chips followed by rides on the tire swings. The kids would squeeze 5 at a time and scream higher or faster as I would swing them. Mrs. B shared how much she enjoyed teaching Jack and Nora. Then we all had ice pops. Jack and I had orange, Nora had pink. There was rain in the morning which gave way to blue sky and warm sunny making for a great afternoon. The kids have some great little friends and I think kindergarten has been a great experience for them. I give a lot of the credit to Mrs. Barnowsky, Mrs. Butler and Mrs. Fluck. One more week to go.
Lastly, we had a lot of fun playing around the house. The kids have been swimming a lot and the water is getting warmer. Sean and Jack are really into their monster trucks and have been building ramps. We made our first attempt at fishing this year and it was a feeding frenzy again. Jack caught 4, Nora caught 2 and their friend Julianna stopped by and she caught 1 too with Nora's pole. We saw a huge carp near the shore. Not sure their little rods could land that whopper!







No comments:
Post a Comment